As is the case whenever the gun debate pops up, I keep seeing news clips of rabid representatives from the Right; gun toting goofs straight out of Central Casting sporting NRA hats and thick beards yelling “God & guns…from my cold, dead hands” (Yee Haw!). Thank you media for digging deep and keeping stereotypes alive.
My first reaction is, “God and guns” – what does one have to do with the other? Did I miss something in Bible school? When you look at it from a rights and Freedom standpoint as these gentlemen have pointed out, it’s proof our Forefathers fully understood the ideals they wrote in our Constitution.
Contrary to what you see in the mainstream, gun rights aren’t a White redneck thing. It’s a Black thing…and an Asian, Female, and Gay thing…an everybody thing. It’s about protection of human, civil RIGHTS (hence, when British mouthpiece Piers Morgan rants ad nauseum “Why do you need a 30 round magazine or this weapon or that one…”, well, Piers, It’s a NEED thing. A need to protect RIGHTS).
Black History month was last month, but this is solid. Doubt many have viewed this side of the Black history. The mainstream media hasn’t, however I’d love to see Steve Crump do his documentary justice to the topic.
- “Gun control has ultimately been about People control…and it sprouts from racist soil”
- “We cannot recognize the humanity of this individual because he would be able to keep and bear arms”
- “History is ripe with examples…direct correlation between gun control and black people control”
- “When you touch the 2nd Ammendment, you can’t become more anti-American, because America would not be without her guns…”
- “For when they change our Constitution, they will take our guns, and when they take our guns they will also seek to take our God. That’s when Americans will fight back.”